About Jack Hume Adventures Inc
The Hume's have been guiding sportsmen in Quebec’s far north since the early 1970's. Jack Hume Adventures is a family-owned and operated business that is two generations strong.
Richard Hume has over 25 years of experience outfitting and piloting in Nunavik. His wife Amanda, has been an integral part of the operation for the past 12 years. Together, their mission is to provide first class caribou hunts and salmon fishing adventures for groups of family and friends, creating memories to last a lifetime.
- As a 2nd generation family- owned and operated business, the Hume’s have been guiding and outfitting caribou hunters since 1972!
- We own and operate our own private Cessna 185 for locating caribou and we also use the services of the largest float plane operator in Canada, Air Saguenay.
- Over the past three decades we have had a success rate averaging 90-100% on fair chase hunts.
- We have the highest repeat business in the industry. Some of our clients have actually returned with us as many as 16 times!
- In order to stay ahead of the herd, we have access to over 40 hunting territories both above and below the 57th parallel in Nunavik, covering more of the migration route than any other outfitter. We only book 6 camps per week, with 6 hunters per camp, which gives us a huge ratio of spare camps to move hunters into if necessary. We now have access to the territories of former caribou outfitters: Luco Caribou Adventure, Arctic Adventures and Explo Sylva.
- We believe that the only way to ensure customers' safety, satisfaction and success is for the owners to be present and involved in absolutely every decision and aspect of the adventure. From the initial greeting, to baggage handling, logistics, paperwork and weekly camp visits, we strive to maintain happy customers by immersing ourselves in the operation.